For this Christmas we want to share a recipe for the holiday season. We couldn't resist the temptation to prepare a healthy (and delicious at the same time) version of English Toffee with our favorite products.
English Toffee with Nochiola
For the caramel:
1 cup butter (unsalted)
1 cup of sugar or monk fruit -for a sugar-free version-.
1 tsp of salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup of dark chocolate without sugar
1 tbsp. coconut oil (optional)
1. In a saucepan, melt the butter until it is completely melted (without reaching the boil). Add the sugar or "monk fruit" and salt.
2. Mix with a stick until bubbling or until you get a homogeneous mixture.
3. Remove from heat; add the vanilla and mix.
4. Add the teaspoon of baking soda in the mixture.
5. Stir quickly, pour mixture into trays lined with wax paper, and spread with spatula.
6. Let cool
-Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie, if necessary you can add a tablespoon of coconut oil for a more homogeneous mixture
-Empty the chocolate over the caramel and spread very well.
-Add the energy mix or the Nochiola anti-stress mix as a topping.
Let cool for 2 hours.