On this occasion we will talk about dates, a dry fruit full of fiber that provides energy to your body naturally. Of course we will recommend you try our dates with Nochiola nuts as healthy snacks.
What are they?
Dates are an elongated, brown, edible, sweet-flavored palm fruit that has a stone inside.
What do they taste like?
They have a honey-like flavor with a smooth texture.
How to consume them?
In North America they are associated with sweet recipes and in Arab countries they are consumed stuffed, candied, as a topping for salads and recipes such as cous cous. In India they are also added to curry preparations. In Mexico we consume them as snacks, to sweeten drinks, desserts and to give texture to recipes, salads and vinaigrettes.
Uses and data about dates that you should know
- They are ideal as a sugar substitute for drinks, sweet recipes and desserts.
- They are one of the favorite nuts to prepare granola, mueslis and pancakes.
- They are a dry fruit recommended for athletes and sportsmen because they help to ingest minerals, vitamins and fiber naturally. Also, when they are dehydrated, they stay in good condition for a long time.
- Nutritionists recommend consuming two to three dates before training for an energy boost .
- They are perfect as a healthy snack at any time of the day since in the morning they work as a source of energy to start the day and at night they help our body to recover after a day full of activities.
Also read: Benefits of a healthy diet
Benefits of dates
- They are a fruit that provides vitamins, minerals, good quality carbohydrates and fiber to our body.
- They have a high fiber content so they can work as foods to activate our intestinal function.
- They improve cardiovascular health and help fight fatigue.