The sweet and delicious craving for a carrot cake can be satisfied with this recipe that contains options low in fat and calories so that you can enjoy a delicious slice of healthy carrot cake prepared with Nochiola healthy snacks.
Also read: 'Snickers' cheesecake with Nochiola anti-stress mix
HEALTHY CARROT CAKE
For the carrot cake:
1 tsp crushed dates with Nochiola nuts
1 and 1/2 cups of oatmeal
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon powder
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
1/8 tsp. Himalayan pink salt
1/8 tsp. ground clove
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
⅔ cup maple syrup
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
2 cups carrots (about 3 medium, grated)
1/2 cup Nochiola energy mix raisins
For the glaze:
1 and 1/2 cups plain Greek yogurt
2 chs maple
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Also read: Pumpkin and date pancake with Nochiola nuts
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and brush a baking pan with coconut oil.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, dates with walnuts, ginger, ground cloves and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix the eggs, coconut oil, vanilla extract, maple syrup, Greek yogurt, and almond milk.
- Add the wet to the dry and stir until incorporated.
- Add carrots and raisins.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into mixture comes out clean.
- Let cool completely to room temperature before frosting.
- To prepare the glaze, mix together the Greek yogurt, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Spread over cold cake.
- Let the glaze set for 1-2 hours before cutting and serving.