Pineapple is a tropical fruit that is unique in that it contains bromelain, an enzyme that aids digestion and has anti-inflammatory properties.
Also read: Benefits of amaranth
What is the origin of pineapple?
The pineapple or Ananas is native to Brazil and was introduced to the Iberian Peninsula in the 16th century. In the 18th century, an original way of preserving this fruit, in syrup, was exported from the Hawaiian Islands.
In the central decades of the 20th century, pineapple production doubled worldwide and since then it has continued to increase.
Also read: Radiography and benefits of the Energy Mix
Here are some of the main properties and benefits of pineapple consumption
- Thanks to Vitamin C it keeps bones healthy and strong.
- It helps to detoxify and purify what our body does not need.
- Due to its quercetin content, it is considered anticancer.
- Its potassium content helps our nervous system
- Alkalinizes the body
- Help with skin problems
- Promotes digestion and improves circulation
- It is a source of vitamins (A, C, B6, B9 or folic acid) and minerals (potassium, calcium, magnesium, copper, manganese and iron.
- Its flavor is very versatile and can be used in various preparations.
- Control blood pressure