Pumpkin season is here and at Nochiola we are very excited because there are endless recipes that we can prepare with it. That is why we share some tips so that you can start warming up for the cold season and turn on the oven with the recipe for this pumpkin and date pancake with Nochiola nuts.
- Before preparing a recipe remember to check that you have all the ingredients (and utensils necessary to prepare it).
- Remember to check the power of your oven and confirm if its degrees are in Fahrenheit or Centigrade.
- To avoid accidents, remember to buy silicone utensils and a glove for when you remove your preparation from the oven.
- Some of the products that can be your best allies when baking are:
- The scale, to weigh the supplies you use.
- The ghee or butter because with them you will prevent the preparation from sticking in the mold
- The baking paper that can work to shape a pancake without the need to grease the molds
- Chopsticks, in case you are preparing a bread or pancake. Do the toothpick test and voila. You will know if the inside of the dough is already cooked.
Everything ready to bake and put the tips we gave you with this recipe to the test.
PUMPKIN AND DATE PANCAKE WITH NOCHIOLA WALNUTS
1 cup pumpkin puree
2 teaspoons of baking powder
½ cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons of cinnamon
1 and a half cups of oatmeal
¾ regular sugar (you can substitute with Monk Fruit)
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
½ teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup sunflower seed oil
½ cup of dates with Nochiola nuts
2 teaspoons of butter (you can substitute with ghee)
½ cup of milk
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Beat the dry ingredients in a bowl. Pour in the pumpkin puree, milk, oil, and vanilla, then mix until well incorporated.
- Pour into a lightly greased loaf pan.
- Melt the butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Add the brown sugar, flour and cinnamon and mix until incorporated. Add the dates with chopped Nochiola nuts.
- Evenly distribute the mixture over the previous mixture.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- You can add some dates with Nochiola nuts to decorate.
- Accompany with your favorite drink.