October 19 is World Breast Cancer Day. At Nochiola we encourage the consumption of healthy products for disease prevention. That is why we joined the Pink October campaign to promote the prevention of breast cancer.
Reducing the risk of breast cancer is possible by adopting a healthy lifestyle, maintaining an ideal weight, exercising and avoiding smoking and consuming alcohol.
Self-examination can be the difference in any type of cancer. That's why we give you some recommendations for you to check yourself.
In front of the mirror
Observe the symmetry and uniformity of the breasts
Examine the size and deviation of the nipples
Presence of lumps
dimples in the skin
Early detection is very important, that's why we recommend:
- Learn to explore yourself
- Request that trained health personnel perform the examination (your gynecologist, for example).
- Get a mammogram, if you are between 40 and 69 years old
Breast cancer is more common if...
- You have a family history of breast cancer
- Accounts over 45 years of age
- You have a history of breast cysts
- You reached menopause after 50
- Your first period was before the age of 12
- You have used hormone replacement therapy for more than 10 years
- You got pregnant for the first time after 30
- you have not had children